What is Circulation Enhancement?
Your circulation is the constant flow and movement of blood throughout your body. Improving blood flow by natural or medical means is called circulation enhancement.
Circulation as a System
The circulatory system comprises your heart, lungs, the blood vessels and blood. It is the network through which your heart pumps oxygenated blood to all the organs, muscles, and systems of the body through your blood vessels. The de-oxygenated blood is carried by the veins back to the heart and pumped into the lungs to be oxygenated. The blood vessels then carry the oxygen-rich blood back to the heart and the circulation continues in this way.
Significance of Circulation
Circulation delivers oxygen, essential nutrients and minerals to your cells, feeds the tissues of your body, transports hormones and removes waste products. This ensures that your body functions optimally. If the circulation is compromised, energy production, muscle and organ function, digestion and eventually your general health all begin to suffer. Therefore, good circulation is vital to your health and overall well-being.
How can you Enhance Circulation?
Issues related to circulation are often treated with medications. However, there are other natural ways to enhance circulation, including changes in diet and lifestyle. Healthy diet and lifestyle changes for circulation enhancement include:
- Regularly exercising (for example, walking, jogging, indoor cycling)
- Avoiding being sedentary as much as possible
- Stress-reduction through low-impact yoga or meditation
- Maintaining a healthy weight and losing weight if obese
- Staying hydrated and limiting the intake of salt, caffeine, and alcohol
- Consuming less saturated fat (meat, cheese, and dairy products)
- Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables to obtain essential vitamins and minerals
- Eating 2-3 helpings a week of fatty fish such as salmon or mackerel that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids may help to improve heart health and circulation
- Quitting smoking and not using other nicotine products
Finding the right plan is the key for the best results. Therefore, it is necessary that you follow the advice of your doctor, who can design a plan tailored to your circulation issues. Following a well-thought-out, healthy diet and lifestyle can be an effective and natural way to enhance circulation.
Benefits of Circulation Enhancement
- Healthy cell growth
- Better heart health
- Improved overall health
- Optimized body function